We look forward to re-opening the museum on July 27th and have introduced measures to keep us all as safe as possible. This means we will have to operate slightly differently to before.
– We will operate to a new reduced maximum capacity. Whilst there is no need to pre-book tickets, when capacity is reached, we will operate a one in, one out system. It tends to be quieter on hot, sunny days and very busy on wet days.
– A one-way system has been created and social distancing marked throughout.
– We ask visitors to wear facemasks. Face masks are not required for children under the age of six or for people with certain health conditions and/or disabilities.
– Until safe to do so we will not be giving out our customary torches, but please feel free to bring your own!
– Some displays will be roped off (unfortunately for the time being there will be no access to the air raid shelter).
– Hand sanitising stations will be available.
– Enhanced cleaning procedures in place.
– Opening hours may vary from published leaflets which were circulated before the pandemic. Please telephone (01492 871032) for latest information.
– Pushchairs cannot be taken inside the museum, please leave in your car if possible as storage is minimal.
– To protect our staff and visitors you should not visit us if you, or anyone in your household, have symptoms of Covid-19.
– We politely request that all our visitors assist us by following all COVID-19 safety guidelines themselves and that all adults take full responsibility for ensuring that all children in their care follow our guidelines too.